How to monitor entire SharePoint 2013 farm

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:00 PM
I am running version 2.6.3 of the Log File Viewer. I do not see how to monitor the entire farm when I run the application with Admin level permissions. I the utility showing live log activity on the current front end but not the others. Most of the buttons on the tool bar are greyed out as well.
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Brett please make sure the user that you login with is farm administrator in SharePoint and a direct connection is possible from your machine to other machines in the farm.
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:57 PM
hasankhan I am running under a Farm admin account. I am also running the Log file viewer from one of the SharePoint Farms WFE. Is there anything else I should be doing to tell it to connect to all WFE in the farm? I notice that most of the icons are greyed out on the tool bar and I am not seeing away to monitor the entire farm. I am sure I am missing something simple.
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2014 at 8:06 PM
Is the logs folder on other WFE machines accessible from your machine using network file share? Is sharepoint installed in non standard location on other machines?